Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Instructions

 I'm not a big fan of reading instructions, especially for something I already know how to use. But I had questions about my new hair clippers, so I read the manual cover to cover. It was amusing, but answered exactly zero of my questions. 

My clientele has grown to the point where I need better equipment, so I invested $20 at Walmart.  A big draw for me was that they have color-coded combs, because I can no longer see the tiny numbers on my old ones. Yes, the combs have different colors, but that doesn't make them "color-coded" if there is no code! The numbers are just as tiny as they are on the old black ones. They're pretty, but also pretty useless. I think the purple one is #2,which is what I use on most of my customers, and purple is my favorite color, so that will be easy to remember. 


I want to know how to oil the blades and what I'm supposed to use the tiny brush for, but the manual says nothing about that. Actually, I haven't even been able to turn them on yet. Is the red thing part of the power switch, or am I supposed to remove the red thing to access the power switch? No mention of it in the manual.  


But I do have these handy tips: 

"Keep it in good care" amused me, for some reason.

Somehow I don't think calling Walmart and asking them about proper disposal is going to yield beneficial results.  I thought about doing it, just for jollies, but decided against it. Same with my local government officials.  Maybe an entertaining project for another day. 


"Big Comb" seems a little overdramatic. It's not much bigger than "Brush" in the picture,
 and in reality it's just a normal-sized comb. 



No comments: