Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Brush with celebrity

I was listening to the radio while I was folding laundry, and the host asked for listeners to text him pictures of their pets. I thought, "He's gonna be sorry when he gets inundated with pet pics." I always thought people who text the radio station must be lonely and sad. I'm neither lonely nor sad, and I've never had the urge to text some disembodied voice on the air that belongs to a person I've never met. But for some reason, here I was sending a picture of my baby robins to this guy. He immediately texted back, and even engaged me with a question. We ended having an actual back-and-forth conversation, and then I heard him mention me on the air! 

It reminded me of another brush with celebrity that happened a couple years ago. I sent a message to the  lead translator of The Passion Translation of the Bible after finding a typo in his footnotes. I was shocked that he responded and engaged me in a conversation that's been going on for over two years now. He's a delightful guy, full of wisdom and revelation, yet humble enough to chat with me. 

No comments: