Wednesday, June 12, 2024

The silver lining to the gold oozing

Remember my gold-oozing chigger bites? Well, the itch returned with a vengeance. It was so bad that I didn't go to work all week because I couldn't wear clothes. I just stayed home, naked and fasting (I had already been planning to fast so I could hear the Lord clearly about what He wanted to do through me on Sunday). In a maddening burst of itching, I complained to the Lord, "What happened to my healing?" He said, "I have you right where I want you: naked before Me with nowhere you have to be." So I quit asking for healing and just enjoyed a week with nothing to do but focus on Him. 

Today I was back at the gym in my pool class, and one of the ladies noticed the bites still clearly visible all over me, and she asked me where I got them. I said, "In the woods" and she asked what I was doing in the woods. She kept asking all the right questions that drew the whole story out of me about worshiping on the forest floor with the cicadas for hours. She seemed very interested, and I noticed that everyone had gotten unusually quiet and was listening to me talk about how all creation praises the Lord, and I accompanied the cicadas' song on my harp. She even asked me, "Whatever gave you the idea to do that?" and I said, "Probably the Holy Spirit".  She was quiet for awhile and then asked me, "How do you hear the Holy Spirit?" and that led to a whole conversation. At the end of class, she said, "You gave me a lot to think about. I'm sure glad I asked about those chigger bites!" Another silver lining to all the miserable itching.  

No comments: