Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cooking Show

The kids and I watched a cooking show and were inspired to try one of the recipes ourselves. It definitely didn't turn out like it did on TV, but it was edible. The whole experience made me fantasize about having our own cooking show. Instead of a nice, big kitchen with all the newest, fancy tools and cookware, it would take place in our tiny kitchen with our limited supply of tools and old, well-used cookware. Things would be spilled and measured incorrectly (or not measured at all), the smoke alarm would be beeping, the kids would be bickering, and the phone would be ringing. The dishes would be stained and mismatched, and there would be no fresh flowers or lovely candles. It would be a reality show, the way real people cook. Would anyone watch it?

4 comments:

Janestown said...

I'd definitely watch it!

Janestown said...

Aw thanks, honey. My one blog reader would be my one viewing audience!

Jessica said...

I read this periodically...with the baby and all it's hard to keep up. But, yes - I'd watch the show too...sounds entertaining! :)

Janestown said...

Thanks, Jessica!