Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Embarrassing moment

Yesterday I was in the middle of a transcription job when the phone rang. Caller ID said "wireless caller" and a number I didn't recognize.  It looked like something scammy, so I answered in Korean.  The caller seemed to be thrown off by that, and she stammered and fumbled.  I can't speak Korean very well or very fast, so I just made up some high-pitched Asian sounding words and spewed them out in a jumble.  The caller was pretty quick to end the call.  Mission accomplished.

A few minutes later, I got a message on Facebook.  It was from the vet tech who was supposed to be coming to give my babies their rabies shot. This is how it went:

Hi Janel I tried calling you but I think we have the wrong number. I wanted to see if you’d like to move your appointment to tomorrow morning. We just had an unexpected kitten visit and of course it has an upper respiratory virus. I would not like to spread it to your kitties!!
Janel
No virus for us, thanks. Tomorrow is great. What time?
By the way, did a crazy Asian person answer when you called?
Jillian Leigh
Yes yes they did lol
I panicked
Janel
HAHA! No way! I'm so sorry. I thought it was a telemarker, so I put on my "I don't speak no English" act. 🙂
Jillian Leigh
YOU ARE A MENACE
I WAS PANICKING 😂
Janel
Ok, now I'm a little embarrassed. Sorry. 🙂
Jillian Leigh
Dr. Campbell is dying right now
Janel
Did she hear it?
Jillian Leigh
No but I just told her. I wish you could have seen my face after. 😂
Janel
😂
I'm changing the contact in my phone so it now says "vet" instead of "wireless caller" so you will not hear from crazy Asian lady again. 😊
Jillian Leigh
I’m seriously cracking up. How about 9:30-10:30?
Janel
Sounds perfect. Thanks.
I promise I will attempt to be normal.
Jillian Leigh
We need things like this to happen in a day because sometimes we seriously need a laugh.
Janel
Happy to amuse you. 😉 Come in through the garage like you live here. Don't know, or the cats will scatter.
*knock, not know
Jillian Leigh
Okay no problem. Also, we don’t like normal. Normal is boring.

No comments: