Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Vanity

Yesterday morning I was home alone, sitting at the computer, working.  It was a beautiful day, so I had all the doors and windows open.  I heard leaves crunch right outside the door, which made my heart start pounding.  Then I heard the door open, which was terrifying, because Noah wasn't due home for at least another hour.  I've always wondered how I would react in this situation, knowing that I was about to die.  Well, now I know.  I whipped off the ugly glasses I wear when I'm working, because I thought, "When someone finds my body, I don't want to be wearing these glasses." Then I stood up and faced my killer, who turned out to be Noah.  His class got out early, which had never happened before.  My heart rate didn't return to normal for a good 20 minutes after that.  When it did, I put my glasses back on and finished the job I was doing.

No comments: