Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Messy Day

The day began with an unbloggable mess and continued downhill from there. The kids and I made blueberry muffins for breakfast, which required a full vacumming of the kitchen afterwards. Later, while pretending to be monkeys, I opened the fridge to get my little monkeys a banana, swung my primate arms too dramatically and knocked the glass container of green beans (and their disgusting juices) onto the floor. I spent a considerable amount of time picking up green beans (and if you know me at all, you know that I loathe everything about green beans) and wiping green drips from the cabinets and refrigerator. After lunch, we were engaged in an art project that turned out to be messier than I envisioned (when will I ever learn?), so there were marker stains and glue to be cleaned off the table. When I was making dinner, the soup boiled over onto the stovetop. After cleaning that up, I scooped some of the broth into a container and added some flour to shake it up and add it back to the soup as a thickener. I put the lid on the container of hot broth and started to shake, and as any fool could anticipate, it exploded. Two seconds later, Mike arrived home to a lovely vision of his wife covered in what looked like puke. I was glad it was only scalding broth instead. This was all in addition to the usual cluttery messes that creative, imaginative kids make when they're home all day.

No comments: