Friday, February 6, 2009

Sarah's husband

While I was driving the kids to Peoria yesterday, I got to hear them have the following conversation:

S: I think I'll marry one of the Brooks boys, even though they're naughty.
N: They're only naughty when they're together. Besides, they're still kids. I'm sure they'll both be good boys when they grow up. You should marry Nate, since he's more your age than Tim.
S: When we get old enough, I bet Mom will give me her wedding ring.
N: No, Nate will give you your own ring.
S: I hope it's pink and sparkly!

They chatted a little longer, and I really enjoyed the reprieve. Usually they're both talking to me at the same time and asking questions all the time. It didn't last long, and soon enough Noah was asking me questions about Congress, government, the President, and war.

No comments: