Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Dead bum

Noah enjoys giving baseball quizzes to Sarah and me, because he knows way more than we do.  Today we were sitting at the table, and Noah said, "Which pitcher in the American League has a great pickoff move?"  Sarah and I looked at each other blankly.  I ventured, "Tim Lincecum?" and Noah said, "No, Mom . American League."  I don't know who's in which league, or even what the difference is, but at least I know some current baseball players.  Sarah's guess was, "Babe Ruth?"  Noah and I managed not to laugh, and he just said, "No, it's Andy Pettitte.  Next question: Who won the 2010 Home Run Derby?"  Sarah raised her hand excitedly and shouted, "I know!  Babe Ruth!"  Noah explained patiently, "Sarah.  Babe Ruth doesn't play anymore.  He's not even alive."  Then Sarah mumbled, "Hmmmmph, the dirty dead bum."

No comments: