Thursday, October 28, 2010

Unexpected guests

We were just starting quiet time this afternoon when the doorbell rang.  The neighbor girls had just gotten off the bus and discovered that they were locked out of their house.  We cancelled quiet time and had a tea party with banana crumpets instead.  The girls were wearing pajamas and told me it was Pajama Day at school.  I told them it was pajama day at our school too, so we had our tea party wearing pajamas and using English accents.  It was lots of fun!

I was going over vocabulary words with the older girl for a test she's having tomorrow, and I had no idea that Sarah was taking in every word.  I asked the neighbor girl, "What is the word that means 'a person responsible for a wrongdoing'?"  Sarah immediately blurted out, "Culprit!"  One of the other words was "confidential".  After the neighbor girls had gone home, Sarah was whispering something to me, and Noah asked what she was saying.  Sarah told him, "It's a confidential conversation between me and Mom."

No comments: