Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas letter

I found an envelope addressed in Noah's handwriting to Jesus. In the stamp corner, he had written "No stamp needed". In the return address area, he wrote "from you know who". I debated whether I should open it or not, but curiosity beat out integrity. I had to know what my son wanted to say to Jesus. Inside was a a homemade birthday card. It said "Happy birthday" on the front, and he had drawn Jesus' name in fancy letters on the inside, and a picture of three crosses. Despite all his materialism, he truly understands the meaning of the holiday.

2 comments:

dave said...

All children should be that sweet!

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness. This is the kind of thing that has made me an emotional mess this holy season.
...(blink, blink)... Okay, now I can see again....
Thank you for "peeking", and then sharing - this is truly a blessing.
~ j