Sunday, January 2, 2011

Frozen gorilla at church

The shower in our bathroom leaks into the basement, so we've been showering in the kids' bathroom.  My razor isn't in there, and I keep forgetting to bring it with me, so I have started to resemble a gorilla.  This morning, we all took back-to-back showers getting ready for church, and I was the last one to get in there, so the water was cold by then. As the cold water cascaded over my fur, I realized that I had once again forgotten to bring my razor.  When I got out, I discovered that I had also forgotten to bring my towel, so I used the same towel that the previous three people had used.  It didn't offer any warmth when I wrapped it around my freezing body.  I didn't bring my deodorant either, so I had to run down the cold hall in my cold, wet towel to our bathroom.  This wasted time, and I could see my fully-dressed, warm, dry husband pacing and checking his watch.  He was scheduled to usher, and since we now live very close to church, I told him to go ahead and I would get there eventually.  So the frozen gorilla came flying in to church with wet hair right at ten o'clock. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't see the problem. A gorilla would certainly be much colder without hair.
~ j

Angela said...

I love your honesty! You make me smile!