Friday, June 24, 2016

Vegan

I've tried it, thought about it, researched it, prayed about it, and finally decided.  I am a vegan.  I know too much now to go back.  Here's why, in no particular order:

1. For health reasons.  I feel better physically, emotionally, spiritually.  I have lost weight and have more energy.

2.  For environmental reasons.  I've learned that animal agriculture accounts for more greenhouse gases than fossil fuels and creates waste that pollutes the waterways and ends up in the oceans. Rainforests are being destroyed to make room for pastureland for animals and the crops required to feed them.

3.  Because I love animals and don't want to eat them anymore.  I've seen videos of how animals are treated in factory farms, and I don't want any part of it.

4.  For hungry people. There is more than enough land on the earth to produce enough food for everyone living on it.

5. I believe it's God ideal for humans.  The first people in the Garden of Eden were vegan, and someday when God restores everything to perfection, we will be vegan again.  God created animals with the breath of life in them and gave us dominion over them, which means we're responsible for taking care of them. 

No comments: