Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Hiking at Mathiessen State Park

We hiked with friends today.  Mike is on vacation this week, so he got to go too!
 We started at the upper dells.  Noah quickly realized that he didn't wear the right shoes for this treacherous terrain.



 He ended up carrying his shoes and hiking in his socks.

 We stopped near here to have our picnic lunch.
 After lunch, we hiked to the lower dells.
 The kids climbed this slippery rock face and slid down the waterfall.

 Too old for climbing and sliding, we just enjoyed watching the kids and the beautiful scenery.
 Sarah slipped on the slippery rock and cut her chin and inner lip. For some reason, I happened to have a little fist aid kit, so I was able to mop up the blood, disinfect the wound, and bandage it. She washed her shirt when we got home and was glad the blood came out of it.
 I crawled through a cave to take a picture of Noah and Liza in the water.
 The whole gang.
 Sarah and Liza, joined at the elbow, hiking back to the parking lot after a fun day.
I was the only one who brought a change of clothes, and Sarah needed it more than I did, so there she is, dressed like me!

No comments: