Friday, November 3, 2017

The best thing I've ever done...deflated

Yesterday I had to parallel park.  It's a skill that I hardly ever use and never did master.  Noah was with me, so I really tried hard to show him how it's done.  I backed into that spot perfectly on the first try. Mind you, this was no little sports car; it was a big ole minivan.  It felt good right from the start, and when I got out to check how far the van was from the curb, it was perfect.  It was also perfectly centered between the car in front of it and the car behind it.  We crossed the street to go into the building, and I couldn't resist turning around for one more look.  It was beautiful.

Today I was still thinking about it and droning on to Noah about how great it was.
Me:  I'm glad you got to witness that perfect parallel parking job yesterday.
N:  Yeah, it was good.
M:  The golden standard for parallel parking. 
N: Yep. Good job, Mom.
M:  Thanks. It's the best thing I've ever done in a car in the 30 years I've been driving.  In fact, it might be the best thing I've ever done...period!
N:  Hmm..wow.
M:   I mean it was absolutely textbook!
N:  Did you signal?
M: What?
N:  I don't recall that you turned on your turn signal before you backed into the spot.  That's in the textbook.
M:  Well, no, I guess I didn't signal, but....
N:  A driving instructor would fail you for that in a driving test.
M:  But...but...
N:  Fail.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.