Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Scenes from this morning

Nothing super exciting happened on my trip to take Sarah to school this morning; I'm just feeling bloggy.
 She wore a flower crown to school, which reminded me of my favorite character from one of my favorite movies...
Dead Poet's Society
 I dropped her off at school without incident.  Mike gets into a regular honking battle with the bus drivers when he drops her off, but I don't make any waves.

I was impressed to see the principal, Mr. Hoffman (a.k.a. Mr. Hotman) filling in for the crossing guard.  Very impressive.  I'll bet he was impressed by my pajamas too.

On the way home, I came to a stop sign, and the person on the other side of the intersection was stopped at his stop sign.  He motioned for me to go, and I thought, "Woo hoo! It's my turn!" but before I blindly entered the intersection just because some stranger gave me permission, my better judgment took over and I checked for traffic.  Good thing I did. The guy was waving me directly into oncoming traffic.  I made a mental note to make sure Noah knows to use his own brain and not rely on the vague gestures of other drivers.

Then I came to a sad part of town: the run-down building that was the former site of a church that has since moved into a newer building.  It takes up an entire city block. It used to be a lovely church, but now it's just an eyesore.  The sign out front still proclaims:
But really, is this glorying God?
I think they should change the sign to something like, "God loves you way more than He loves this building" or perhaps, "Do you have holes in your life?  Let God fill you up!"

I started this post by saying that nothing super exciting happened this morning, but I just remembered that something did!  There was a song going through my head, and I was mentally singing along, and when I turned on the radio, that song was on...right at the part where I was singing in my head!  That's happened to me a couple other times in my life, and it always blows my mind!

No comments: