Friday, May 31, 2019

Indiana Dunes--last day

Friday, May 31, 2019
I was eating breakfast with Sarah when I had a genius idea about how to get all our stuff from the room to the van (the elevators were still broken).  There were two luggage trolleys in the lobby, so my idea was to position one at the bottom of the stairs on the first floor and one at the top of the stairs on the second floor (loaded and rolled from our room) and we could run stuff down to the first floor one and roll it out to the parking lot.  Sarah spotted a problem with this idea immediately.  She asked, "How are we going to get the first one up to the second floor?"  I thought that was smart, and I felt dumb.  While she finished breakfast, I went upstairs to the room and told Mike and Noah about my idea.  Mike thought it was a good idea.  Noah immediately had the same objection Sarah did.  Smart kids.  I parked the van by the door, and we had it done in only a few trips.  We left at 10 a.m. and arrived home at 1:20 after an uneventful, but slow ride home with lots of construction and traffic.  Everyone was very glad to be home and have privacy and space. 
Sarah's favorite part of the trip was Zao Island, and everyone else's favorite was the hike.  We all agreed it was a really nice trip. 

No comments: