Monday, October 21, 2019

Early morning hike with Mom

Last week, Mom and I were planning to meet at 8 a.m. to hike.  She likes to go that early.  It's not my favorite time, but I do like that the deer are out at that hour.  So I arrived 30 minutes early to take pictures of deer.  They did not disappoint.  I saw a herd of nine of them. The pictures aren't great, because the sun wasn't all the way up yet, and it was still pretty dark in the woods.


 It was so cold when we started hiking that we could see our breath.  However, you can't see it in the picture, so we just look weird.
 Found a beautiful dead butterfly.
 This is the view that was behind us in the next picture, but I'm not a great photographer, so it's all washed out and overexposed, but we saw it in real life. Reminded me of when Grandma Opal took me to Grandview Drive when I was six, and I thought it was so beautiful.

 When we got to the top of Pimeteoui Trail, we hiked along Grandview Drive and looked at the mansions.
 Back on the trail, we saw this tree  that must have grown around this big rock.

 


No comments: