Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Love Notes

Sarah has always loved to make little messages of love and deliver them to us, to strangers, to anyone. Before she could write, she would cut out hearts or little scraps of paper and shove them under our doors. Whenever we stay at a hotel, she always delivers something under each door on our floor.

Now she can write a few words, and she draws squiggly lines for the rest of the things she wants to say. She has a stack of paper in her room covered with squiggles, which she calls her book, and she "reads" it quite often. She almost always writes her "S" backwards, and she often gets "W" and "M" confused.

She likes to write love notes and put them in envelopes. She was going through a lot of envelopes before I had an idea to save some paper. I give her all the junk envelopes I get in the mail (there's at least one every day), and she uses them for love note deliveries.

During quiet time today, an envelope appeared under my door. I opened it and discovered this note:

MOW
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~

I interpreted it to read, "MOM, I love you very much, and I'm so glad to be your daughter."

No comments: