Sunday, March 22, 2009

Wedding




Sarah put on her new princess dress today and announced that she was marrying Noah. She started giving everyone orders and arranging the whole thing. I was the flower girl (I dropped Nerf bullets for flower petals), and Mike was the ring bearer (Sarah put the rings on a Noah's ark pillow).

Noah was noncommittal, so Sarah started chasing him around, yelling, "Marry me! Marry me!" Finally, he said, "You can't force marriage on someone, Sarah. I don't even want to marry you. And besides, I'm joining the Marines!" He took off with a gun that he'd made out of Legos, and she chased after him.

She wanted me to take her to the "spa" before the big event. I painted her fingernails and sprayed some perfume on her wrists. Then she asked me to spray some on her heels. She had a beautiful headband and fancy long gloves, but she ripped the headband off at some point, and decided to go gloveless so everyone could appreciate her fingernails.

She gave up on Noah and decided she would marry a neighbor boy instead. She asked his dad for his hand in marriage, and the dad said he would try to send the groom over later (he left her at the altar). I think Noah felt bad, because he did agree to marry her. Here are some pictures from the ceremony.

No comments: