Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Grandma's Dress


The women in my family keep old clothes for years. (I don't have the space or the desire to continue the tradition). My grandma recently gave my daughter a dress that she had made for her daughter (my mom) over 60 years ago. It's cute and looks brand new. I told Sarah that it was very special, because her great-grandma made it, and her grandma wore it when she was a little girl. Sarah was duly impressed and said in awe, "Grandma must have been a neat eater. There aren't even any stains on her dress!" OK, so that's another reason I don't keep my kids' clothes. They are messy, and stain removal is not my forte. Here's a picture of Sarah wearing the dress.

3 comments:

Janestown said...

Of course she's sweating and playing in the dirt in Great Grandma's dress. :-) Sure is cute though!

Lauren said...

Love that dress! Great embroidery applique.

We have only kept a few special outfits, i.e. what was worn in infant's pix... or a really favorite outfit that a child never wanted to take off and the ones I made. As our storage space is running out, I am oddly glad that I stopped making dresses for my girls... there would not have been room to keep them all.~

Jenny said...

If they ever want to pass down old aprons.....I would be willing to keep that tradition going for you!