Thursday, May 13, 2010

Tooth Fairy

Sarah has a very loose tooth that is barely hanging on.  She's been whining about it for weeks.  A few days ago, I convinced her to let me pull it out.  She asked if it would hurt, and I said it might hurt for just a second but then it would be over.  I grabbed the tiny, slippery tooth and pulled.  Sarah screamed and cried and took to her bed for half an hour.  The tooth is still hanging on.

The Tooth Fairy comes up with a good present for the first tooth, and I knew just the thing to get Sarah:  a pink Zhu Zhu pet.  I thought it would be a cinch to get one, but I went to Walmart that night and discovered they didn't have the pink ones.  I also checked two other stores: no pink. Finally I ordered one online, but it won't come till next week. 

For the past several weeks, I've been encouraging Sarah to wiggle that tooth, and she's been whining about how much it hurts.  Now that I know the pet won't arrive until next week, I've been telling her not to wiggle the tooth because the fairy isn't ready yet.  So she's been wiggling all the time. 

No comments: