Thursday, March 31, 2011

Waste and more waste

Thursdays are the only days we have to be somewhere in the morning.  We're not good at it.  In typical Thursday morning fashion, I was flying around the house like a crazed bird, trying to get everyone fed, educated, cleaned, dressed, and out the door.  Two minutes before scheduled departure time, I jumped in the shower to wash only my stinky body (no time for hair today).

Less than a minute later, I'm out of the shower and multi-tasking.  I'm getting dressed, changing the roll of toilet paper, and singing a song I made up to motivate myself and amuse the children (who don't do well with rushing).  I was singing something about being a fast mommy who changes toilet paper rolls with great speed, and then the song ended abruptly as I dropped the new roll right into the toilet.  I couldn't bring myself to throw it away (it was Charmin, not the cheap stuff!).  The toilet water was clean when the Charmin fell in, so should I let it dry and use it?  No time to decide such matters now, so I snatched it out and threw it in the tub to deal with later.

I told the kids about it as we were running to the garage.  Noah asked what I did with it.  When I told him, he said, "Ewwww, I'm never using that shower again."  I told him I hated to waste all that good toilet paper.  A few minutes later, he noticed that I was driving way faster than I usually do.  He said, "Mom, are you speeding?  Now you're wasting toilet paper AND gas!"

No comments: