Sunday, May 22, 2011

More than enough

When I was a little girl, I wanted a baby.  I would pounce at the chance to hold a baby and appreciated those brave mothers would trust me to do so.  When I was 11, I started babysitting.  I loved all kids, but especially the tiniest babies.  Even when I was in high school, I still had a doll that I would pretend was my baby.  I wanted more than anything to have my own baby.  Finally I got married and had my chance.  Six years later, still no babies.  We adopted babies, and they are truly my own in every sense of the word.  I just regret that I didn't get to hold them when they were at my favorite age: newborn.  So still, there's always been this longing. 

Fast forward to this morning.  I'm in church singing this song about how God's love is more than enough for me.  When I reallly started thinking about what I was singing ("More than all I want, more than all I need, you are more than enough for me."), it hit me.  God loves me, and that is more than enough.  What else do I really need? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this. ♥
You are very precious and yes, like you, I'm very thankful that He is enough.

~ j