Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sweet rewards

If this is not your first time around this blog, you know that my daughter can be...well...a challenge.  But she has been really good the last few days.  For example...today I was getting a haircut, and she was waiting patiently.  She asked me if she could have one of the suckers that were out on the counter.  I said no.  She accepted it without argument.  That alone is great, in my book, but it got better.  After my haircut, the cashier (who didn't know about our previous conversation) asked Sarah if she would like a sucker.  Sarah said very sweetly, "No, thank you."  That is over-the-top great!  Good attitude combined with good manners!  Maybe she's going to turn out OK after all.  Maybe even better than OK. 

p.s.--We went to Kroger after the haircut, and there was an abundance of food samples, which I let Sarah eat. I told her it was probably God's reward for her since she had been so good.  I'm not a horrible, mean ogre ALL the time. 

No comments: