Friday, February 3, 2012

Dead dog

I was driving Sarah to ballet, and I saw a dog lying on the side of the road, in front of someone's house, looking freshly dead.  I passed him but then stopped and went back.  I parked next to him and considered.  The first thing I thought of was when the neighbor rang our doorbell and told us that Jason was dead.  This dog probably belongs to people in the house I'm parked in front of, and they don't know their dog is dead.  I definitely don't want to be the one to tell them.  Besides, I don't have time.  If I sit here much longer, Sarah's going to be late for ballet.  Finally, I decide that I have to go tell them.  The second I open my door, the dog pops up and looks at me!  I laughed at him and told him to find a better place to sleep.

1 comment:

Jamie Schroderus said...

Oh.... I was starting to get tears in my eyes and then busted out laughing. Needed this this morning...thank you!