Saturday, July 21, 2012

Nail fight

Sarah and I had a big fight this morning.  It was all about fingernails.  She wants me to take her to get a real professional manicure.  All her friends have done it, she tells me.  I tell her that I didn't even have a manicure for my wedding.  I said maybe we can do that for her birthday.  She can't, just CAN'T, wait that long!  She has to go today!  I remind her that some kids don't even have enough food to eat and explain that it's not that I don't want to spend the money; the issue is that I don't want her to be spoiled and entitled and get her every wish the moment she wishes it.  I also tell her that I don't want to waste our entire Saturday morning arguing.  Then she comes up with a great idea.  We can paint each other's nails today and she can get her first manicure on her Golden Gotcha Day, which is October 8.  So we struck a deal, and we all lived happily ever after. 

No comments: