Wednesday, January 2, 2013

scientific infestation

We are infested with fleas.  I admit it.  It's shameful and embarrassing, but we've been battling them long enough that I'm willing to publicly declare it.  It's my fault, because I lapsed on treating the housecats who go outside with preventative medication.  I declared war against the fleas a couple months ago.  I bought the expensive flea treatment from the vet for all 3 cats.  I vacuumed the floors, the curtains, the furniture, everything.  I washed all the bedding in hot water.  We're still infested.  So I've decided, if you can't beat 'em, study 'em.

 Gathering eggs and larvae 

 Gross, but interesting too.

Learning about the different stages of the flea cycle and appreciating how high they can jump.  Now, back to the war.  Upping the ante to daily vacuuming now. 

No comments: