Friday, February 7, 2014

Foxes and Muskrats

My kids love this song called, "What does the fox say?"  In the video, full-grown adults are dressed up like animals, prancing around and making weird noises.  I really don't see the attraction.  It's one of the dumbest songs I've ever heard. 

This morning, the kids were leaping around singing this song, and I was mumbling  my opinion of the song like an old fuddy duddy.  Noah said, "Well you had some weird songs in the 70's too, Mom.  What about 'Muskrat Love'?"  Good point.  That is a totally ridiculous song.  We looked it up on YouTube and watched it.  It's even more hilarious watching Captain and Tenille sing it. We were rolling on the floor laughing when the Captain started making muskrat noises on his keyboard and pretending to play with imaginary muskrats.  Noah howled, "THAT is worse than our fox song!"  He may be right.  My only comeback was, "Yeah, well....at least they weren't dressed up like muskrats." 

No comments: