Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Confucius

We studied Confucius in history, and then I gave the students their writing assignment: "Write down your own personal philosophy about what you believe is true, and the way you think people should live."  They were both a little put off at the idea of telling other people how to live (Sarah said, "If people want to know how to live, they should read the Bible, not listen to a 12-year-old girl.")

Noah wrote:
What is the meaning of life?  To be completely honest with you, no one really knows.  Are we here just to live out our existence, or are we here for a greater purpose?


The way I myself  live is to follow God and to serve others. That's what I believe is the way I'm called to live my own life.

As for others, I feel as only a 14-year-old, I have no place to tell you how to live.  I will respect you as a human being whether or not you agree with my opinions or not.  I don't care if you're gay or straight, Christian or any other religion, as we are all in the race of life as a team of an elite species.

No comments: