Wednesday, January 11, 2017

This is what it's like inside my brain

Yesterday I returned a DVD to the library.  More accurately, I returned the empty case to the library.  They called me to let me know there was no DVD inside it.  This is not the first time I've done this, or the second, or the third...

So today I have to take the naked DVD back to the library, but I'm also making a trip to Kroger while I'm out that way.  The library isn't open yet when I leave, so I have to go to Kroger first.  I know this will present a problem for my brain, so I write myself a note at the bottom of my grocery list.  It says, cleverly enough, "LIBRARY!!!"

I get all the items on my grocery list, and I see the note to myself.  I know this might not be enough, so while I'm standing in the checkout line, I make up a song whose sagacious lyrics are: "Library, library, library...take the DVD to the library."

When I get home, I'm still singing (and now dancing to) the library song as I put away the groceries and find the note in my pocket and the DVD in the car.

No comments: