Friday, September 25, 2020

Perfection

When my husband says, "What do you want for your birthday?"  I always say, "Nothing" and that's usually what I get, and that's ok.  But "nothing" can mean:

- I can't think of anything I want.
- I don't need any more material possessions. I just want you to keep loving me, overlooking my faults, paying attention to me, and being nice to me. 
- I want you to study me, learn me, know me well enough to figure out what I want, even when I don't even know what I want.  

Yesterday, he  presented me with a hummingbird feeder and said, "Happy Anniversary!"  The absolute perfect gift.  Not too expensive, something I never thought about, something that shows how well he knows me, something I really love and will spend hours enjoying.  He is a gem.
He even put it up for me.  And Noah brought home the perfect post from work. It was cut so they couldn't use it, and he rescued it.

Update:  It took the amazing hummers two days to find their new feeder.  I saw the first one appear last night.  Today is our actual anniversary, and this beauty is visiting:

No comments: