Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Learning the lesson

Apparently, God is going to keep throwing stressful worship lessons at me until I learn to be spontaneous and give Him complete control.  Monday night (yes, the very next night after my SSM experience), there was a women's ministry event at church.  I was sitting at a table with Marcy, looking forward to a nice relaxing evening.  The leader announced that we were going to have worship time before we ate.  I glanced around, wondering who's leading worship. Then she said, "Marcy and Janel are going to lead us."  What?! We are? How?  Marcy and I started throwing together a plan as we walked to the keyboard.  We did a song, and the anointing fell like a heavy blanket.  I'm pretty sure it was the best worship experience I've ever had.  Then we did another song that we both know, and then it was time to eat.  

Now it's Wednesday.  Tonight we're leading worship.  Marcy and I planned a couple songs (the anointed one from Monday night and one we've never done before).  I asked the Lord this morning what other song He wants us to do.  I don't always hear Him, even when I make the time and effort to listen, but this time I heard two words for sure: love undeniable.  What is that? A song?  I googled "love undeniable lyrics" and song lyrics for a song called "Undeniable Love" came up in the results.  Is this even a Christian song? I don't know.  I read the lyrics, and they were good.  Then I listened to the song.  I had never heard it, but I liked it.  The artist was not anyone I recognized.  I tried to find a chord chart for it online but couldn't.  Is this an obstacle I'm supposed to overcome?  

I sat down at the piano and the chords came to me.  I just started playing them. Then I wrote a chord chart. I have never written a chord chart before and don't know how to do it.  The words I wrote down on Sunday came into my head: "What He's given you, He'll do through you, after He's killed your ability to do it." This is not me doing it.  He's doing it through me.  So we're unpracticed and unprepared, and I can't wait to see what He's going to do tonight.


No comments: