Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Simple pleasures

We don't usually have grapes in the winter, because they're too expensive. Last night I went to Kroger (by myself!) and noticed that grapes were on sale. They were still too expensive, but I bought some. This morning we were all snuggled up in bed watching Curious George. The kids on the show lowered a basket of grapes from a balcony to some kids on the ground. Sarah sighed sadly and said, "I wish we had some grapes." I said, "Well guess what? We do!" Her eyes lit up, and she said, "Can you lower them in a basket to us?" I don't have any baskets, so I tied a string to a toy drum and put some grapes in it. The kids went downstairs, and I lowered the grapes down to them. They were totally ecstatic!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knew grapes could be so much fun!
j