Monday, January 4, 2010

Thank God for friends


My best friend took care of my kids today while I went to the dermatologist for the dreaded inspection of my skin. When I came back to pick up the kids, she was doing their schoolwork with them (they thought they were playing store with the cash register, but they were really learning a lot of things). Then she gave me some educational tools to use at home (she thought she was just getting rid of some avocados).

I have never bought an avocado in my whole life, so my kids (and I) were fascinated with the two that my friend gave me. We made a dip with avocado, salsa, and cream cheese. And we discovered that playing with avocado pits is great fun. Noah pretended they were Mario and Luigi, and then he pretended that one was a Jedi army and the other was a Barbie army, and they had a war.

Thank you, Jennifer. My kids love you, and so do I!

No comments: