Monday, February 21, 2011

Questions

I just opened an old notebook and discovered a list of questions I wrote in December of 1990.  These are the things I was pondering in my first year of college:

What is real?
How do we know that the universe and everything in it isn't expanding every day?
Is there a God?
How do we know we're not part of someone else's dream?
What lies outside our universe?
Why do people want things they don't need?
Where does my tuition money go?
Why don't all people speak the same language?
Is anyone really happy?
Is there a truly honest person anywhere?
What happens to us after we die?
Which came first, the can or the canopener?
How does the meter man get into everyone's houses?

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Did you find any answers? ;-)

Janes Family said...

Yes, I did! I still don't know about most of them (and don't even think about them anymore), but I found the answer to the most important one. I know there's a God. I had an astronomy professor in college who said he could prove that there wasn't, and that was the beginning of four years of questioning and doubts for me. Thankfully I found the truth (or, more accurately, He found me).