Thursday, June 16, 2011

Faith of a little child

"Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”
- Mark 10:15


Sometimes I look at my children's rude, selfish behavior and think, "Clearly, Jesus was not talking about MY children when He made this claim."  But there have been lots of times when I've seen my children's faith, and it has improved my understanding of the kingdom of God.


Yesterday, my kids took communion.  I missed the beginning, so I don't know what prompted it, but by the time I saw them, they had juice poured into little shot glasses, and one of them said, "Let's sing a Jesus song."  They sang a song from last year's VBS and then drank.  It wasn't a solemn, religious ritual.  They didn't dress up and look sad.  They did it in a spirit of celebration and thankfulness, and I bet Jesus was pleased. 

1 comment:

Mike said...

Thank you, Lord.