Friday, September 23, 2011

Catching up

It has come to my attention (that's you, Dave) that I haven't posted anything new for awhile.  I haven't had anything bloggable to say, but since when does that stop me?  So here's a totally unblogworthy update:

Sarah thought Jason got on her lap while she was eating breakfast because he loves her.

His true motives are becoming clear...

He makes a strike on the bacon!

In other news...Mike brought home this nice cup from CEFCU.  The kids took one look at it and yelled, "Wow! Cool cup!"  I took one look at it and said, "That doesn't look dishwasher-safe."  When did I become an old fuddy-duddy?  Sure enough, it comes with instructions telling me that it is not designed for hot or cold liquids, that I can't overfill it, that I must hand wash it without soaking or submerging it, can't use bleach on it or put it in the microwave, dishwasher, or freezer.  I guess it will be handy for a nice lukewarm drink of water.

Have I mentioned lately how much Marty loves math?  There can be all kinds of books spread out on the desk, and she always goes for the math.  If I had the know-how to put a thought bubble by her, it would say, "I love math."  

The box of flashcards is her favorite.  She's always reaching for the cards, sniffing them, scratching on them with her ghost claws, digging in the box, even chewing on them.  If only the kids shared her affection.

I saved the most unblogworthy news for last.  See that bit of clear counter space?  It's a very rare sight. It's one of those places that the Flylady would call "hot spots".  It's a stuff-magnet.  It attracts things that are on their way somewhere else, mostly to the recycle bin. 

8 comments:

dave said...

On behalf of your loyal readers, thank you for the update!
In our house, if something can't handle the dishwasher, it will soon be in the landfill.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Dave said it and not me. I was waiting, too!!!! :)

Well, you will just have to teach Marty how to add and subtract and do algebra, then. :)

What kind of cup is that??????? No hot, cold, handwash it? I wouldn't even give that to Goodwill!

Keep up the good posts! :)

~Sue

Janes Family said...

Thanks, loyal readers! Sue, I've tried to teach Marty math, because she's so interested, but she must be more of an unschooler. She didn't respond well to my methods. :)

Anonymous said...

I like how the picture of Marty looks like she's smiling like she's already got all the answers.

Jenjo

Anonymous said...

I missed your posts too. We were on vacation, but we just got back last night. Checking for your updates is one of the first pc things I did.
Funny. I thought I was the only one in this area who knew Flylady.
~ j

Janes Family said...

Well, I know the Flylady, but I certainly don't obey her!

Anonymous said...

Especially putting my shoes on first thing in the morning...gotta be kiddin' - it just ain't happenin'. (excuse the language :).

~ j

Janes Family said...

Yes, that's where she lost me too. She expects me to shower first thing in the morning, get dressed, fix up my hair, put on makeup and wear shoes in my house all day?? No no no. That is so not me.