Monday, September 26, 2011

Chocolate pudding?

I think avocados are interesting, and I wish I liked to eat them, because I love to prepare them.  I like the big, smooth pit, and I'm trying to think of something crafty to do with it.  I like the skins too after the flesh is all scooped out.  It seems like they should be useful for something.  Today I decided to try to make the taste of an avocado more to my liking.  I didn't have a clear plan of where I was going, but I started by putting the avocado meat in a food processor and whirring it up with some honey.  It was ugly, like baby diarrhea, so I put in some cocoa powder and whirred it up again.  It looked delicious, like creamy chocolate.  I took a taste.  Bitter.  Maybe a step above disgusting.  I added some agave nectar and a little salt.  Better, but still needed something...I glanced around the kitchen and saw half of an overripe banana sitting on the counter. Bananas are good with chocolate, right?  The color turned less appealing, but the taste was ok.  Just then, a friend stopped by and hesitantly tried it. She pronounced, "Tastes like chocolate pudding!"  So I passed it off on the children as chocolate pudding, and they gobbled it right down.  

3 comments:

Mike said...

Ha! Innocent little gullibles.

Angela said...

Avocados are my favorite! I mash and add salsa or just garlic and salt and pepper. Really good on burgers, in tortillas, or just plain. The kids won't eat them when I make them, but might your way! :-)

dave said...

Now that's just not right! I'm telling them next time I see them.