Wednesday, April 11, 2012

100 ways to be a kid

Last night at 8:45, Sarah announced that when she grew up, she was going to write a book about being a kid, so adults would understand. I told her she'd better write it now, while she's still a kid.  I told her she could work on it until 9:00, and then continue it the next day.  This morning, she presented me with the first installment, rolled up like a scroll and secured with a pink ponytail holder:

  Here it is, with translation (in case you don't speak kid), published with the author's permission:
100 Ways to Be a Kid, by SAJ, aka Sarah Janes, age 8
Dedicated to Mike, Janel, and Noah Janes.  Hi, I'm Sarah, spelled S-a-r-a-h.  Most people get my whole name wrong.  Sara, Sarah James, Sarah Jones, etc.  My real name is Sarah Ann Janes.  I'm 8 and 1/4.  My brother is named Noah.  I wrote this book.

1.  Be playful.   2.  Be kind.  3.  Be cute.  4.  Be awesome.  5.  Be helpful.  6.  Be nice.

No comments: