Saturday, April 6, 2013

Backyard campout

Getting set up.  Mike was spreading out the sleeping bags, and Marty kept attacking him from outside the tent.

 flaming ball of marshmallows

 

 thoroughly enjoying her s'more


 Marty came knocking at the door of the tent and was very happy to come in and sleep with us.

There were several factors that made me want to go AWOL, but when I stuck my hand into the squished Cadbury creme egg gluing me to the sleeping bag, that was the final straw.  I only made it till about 11 p.m.  Mike stuck it out till 2:15 a.m., and the kids came traipsing in around 3:00 a.m.  Must remember to check the wind forecast next time.  Wind whips the tent around so much that it slaps you in the face and makes lots of noise. 
 The morning after:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun anyway. The wind is really bad now; you would not have been able to even set it up. Don Machen