Thursday, April 11, 2013

Ezekiel 20

Yesterday I was whining (again) about how discouraging my job is.  It seems pointless to keep teaching and training and correcting these people who don't seem to listen or make any progress.  I wanted to give up (again) and send them to school.  But just like He has before when I've felt this way, God encouraged me and confirmed that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing.  This time, He used Ezekiel 20, which He knew I'd be reading this morning. 

Ezekiel had repeatedly given the stubborn Israelites messages from God, even dramatically acted them out (see Ezekiel 4), but they wouldn't listen and obey.  The footnote in my Bible for Ezekiel 20:49 says: "Ezekiel was exasperated and discouraged.  No matter how important our work or how significant our ministry, we will have moments of discouragement.  What has been discouraging you? Have you felt like giving up? Instead, continue doing what God has told you do.  He promises to reward the faithful."

No comments: