Friday, June 14, 2013

PMS breakfast of champions

Major PMS symptoms this week led me to tell my husband last night at a baseball game that his loud clapping has been annoying me for the last 17 years.  They also caused me to purchase buffalo blue cheese dip, spread it on French bread slices, broil it, and eat it for breakfast this morning.

This stuff has three different types of hot peppers in it (cayenne, jalapeno, and habenero), and it was seriously HOT.  After eating 6 or 7 of these, water was not enough to extinguish the flames burning in my mouth.  That's when my PMS mind whispered to me, "Make a banana milkshake to wash it down."

I started with a little butter and brown sugar.

Added some bananas

and let them caramelize.



Meanwhile, I put some ice cream, milk, ice cubes, vanilla, cocoa powder, and cinnamon in the blender.  Added the bananas and blended.

And that was my whole breakfast. If you have to be around me in the next few days, hold onto your hat.  It could be a bumpy ride.

No comments: