Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tuna casserole and Sarah's Sweet Shop

I had several things going and realized I had no hope of getting dinner ready on time without help.  Sarah was busy, and Noah was available.  It's been awhile since he's been my kitchen buddy, so I asked him if he would make dinner.  I bossed him through a recipe I know by heart, and he did great!  He had just finished it, and I was putting it in the oven when Sarah appeared to see what was for dinner.  She took one look and asked excitedly, "Did you make tuna casserole?"  I said, "Yep" and immediately heard from the living room where Noah had gone, "AHEM!"  I hadn't meant to steal his thunder; I was just confirming that it was tuna casserole.  (Oddly enough, my whole family loves tuna casserole.)  So I amended and gave credit where credit was due.

Sarah wants to open her own bakery called Sarah's Sweet Shop when she grows up.  Noah asked her if she would have any employees, and she said, "Yes, I'll make my kids work there."  Noah asked if she'd pay them, and she snorted, "Of course not!"
 

No comments: