Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Magazine breakfast

I bought Sarah a subscription to American Girl Magazine.  She loves it, and it really is a good magazine, but it's full of creative little crafts and recipes that she needs help with, so I get to be crafty.  This morning, she wanted oatmeal in an apple bowl for breakfast.

It took considerable time and effort hollowing out that apple, and I made the mistake of boring all the way through it to get the core out, so some liquid leaked out the bottom of the apple.  I sprinkled some cinnamon over the whole thing and hoped she wouldn't notice. 

Then she wanted to make this fall float, which is warm apple cider with ice cream and caramel sauce.

You won't see my rendition in a magazine.  I didn't have any ice cream or caramel sauce, so it's just cider with whipped cream. 




No comments: