Thursday, March 27, 2014

Throwback Thursday

From my Noah journal.  This was February 22, 2005 (he was 3 years old):
Noah & I had some deep discussions today.  He was asking about where babies come from, which led into a whole big discussion of his birthmother.  Later he asked where money comes from, so I was telling him that they make money in mints.  Then he said, "Why don't they make more and give it to people who don't have much money?"  I told him if they made too much money, it would be worthless, and then he asked, "How do they know how much to make?"  Hmmm.  Good question.  I found the where-do-babies-come-from discussion much easier to handle!  Somehow we got onto the subject of gooseberries (I think he actually said "koosh ball" and I thought he said gooseberry) so I was telling him how my great-grandma Winnie and I used to pick gooseberries off the bush in their yard and make gooseberry pie.  Next thing you know, I'm remembering how much I miss her and I'm crying!  Noah was shocked when he saw the tears, and he said, "What is that water from?" 

No comments: