Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Jesus

4/10/17 I'm reading Beautiful Outlaw by John Eldredge. Last night I read that if you want to know what Jesus looks like, ask Him, and then watch for Him to answer, but be alert to ways of answering that you might not be expecting. So I asked Jesus if I could see His face, especially His eyes. Then I closed my eyes and waited for an image of His face to appear. I saw nothing but the back of my eyelids. I asked and watched and waited several times and then went to sleep, having seen nothing. I woke up early and didn't want to get out of bed yet, so I read the Bible and had my devotional time, then turned on the TV. On the History Channel was a show called The Face of Jesus Uncovered.  I remembered my prayer of last night and thought, "I have to watch this."  It was about the process of using modern technology to make an accurate reconstruction of Jesus' face using the shroud of Turin. I watched the whole thing, and near the end, they showed His face. It filled the screen, and I realized, “There's the answer to last night's prayer!” But His eyes were closed. So I prayed, “Thank You for showing me Your face...but can I see Your eyes?” and right that instant, He (on the TV screen) opened His eyes. It was like He was in the room with me. I don't know if it was an accurate representation of Him, but the point is that He heard my prayer and answered me.


4/11/17 update. Jesus is so good! He woke me up early this morning and said, “Do you still want to see Me behind your eyelids? Well, here you go!” Ok, I didn't realize it at the time. I thought I just woke up because I had to pee, and I was aimlessly scrolling through facebook when this appeared:
I looked at the image, then closed my eyes, and there was His face behind my eyelids!

No comments: