Monday, June 18, 2018

Random stuff, including my life verse, burritos, and camp

A few months ago, I decided to lose some weight so I wouldn't be a stereotypical fat American when we visit Korea.  Since then, I've gained, lost, regained more, lost a little, etc.  We leave in 5 days, and I currently weigh more than I did before I decided to lose weight.  Mike has been on a similar cycle.  The older we get, the harder it is to maintain a healthy weight.  Speaking of getting older...I can't see to read any of my Bibles except the King James, because it has larger print.  It is not my favorite version, but I've been reading it lately because I can see its words without wearing glasses.  This morning, I was excited to read this in Proverbs 28:25:  "He that putteth his trust in the Lord shall be made fat."  The versions I usually read say "prosper" instead of "be made fat" so this version was like a brand new verse to me.  Mike was nearby, so I pronounced the good news to him.  I said, "You know why we're fat?  It's because we putteth our trust in the Lord!"  That might be my current life verse. 

I've been trying to clean the house before we leave so it will be clean for my dad to live here while we're gone, but every time I clean something, someone messes it up.  When Noah got up this morning and wandered into the kitchen, I said, "Good morning!  I just cleaned, so don't cook, eat, or use anything."

Disobeying my own instructions, I was making burritos for lunch.  Noah was watching me roll them up and put them on a baking sheet. 
N: Are you going to bake them?
M: Yes.
N: Will they get hard?
M: They will crisp up, yes.
N: Can you leave one soft for me?
[I rolled one up and handed it to him.  Half an hour later, I noticed the raw burrito with a couple bites missing out of it, still sitting on his plate.]
M: How was your burrito?
N: Good. Kind of squishy though. It would probably be better if it was baked.

They were much better baked.
Later, he was working on math and said he was stuck and needed help.  I gave him a couple hints and he worked it out and solved it easily.  I said, "See how well your brain works when you use it?" and he said, "Uh, thanks?  I guess that was a compliment..."

Sarah was at camp for the last two weeks for training She was home for one day to unpack, wash, and repack.  We took her back yesterday and will pick her up the day before we leave for Korea, so she can unpack, wash, and repack.


 Mike was annoyed that she brought so much stuff, that she left him to carry most of it, and that I took a picture of it.


No comments: