Sunday, June 10, 2018

The perfect solution

I've had an ongoing problem for about 8 months.  Friends from church had a baby and named him Rowan.  He's a beautiful, delightful person.  Around the same time, our neighbors got an adorable puppy.  They named him Ronin.  I realize that Rowan is the person and Ronin is the dog.  I totally understand the difference.  But for some reason, something happens between my brain and my mouth, and I continually get their names reversed.  So I have to be very careful and think before I speak.  I always hesitate before I say either name, because I don't trust myself to get it right. 

The other day, I was telling Noah something about Ronin, and as usual, I said, "Ro... [pause to think, is it Ronin or Rowan?]...nin" and Noah said something absolutely genius that has forever solved the problem.  He said, "Why don't you just call them both 'Rowan'?  The dog doesn't care."  So now they are both Rowan to me. 

No comments: