Friday, June 1, 2018

No school today

Too busy for school work today.  I took the kids to the allergy doctor this morning.  Then we had some time to kill before we had to be at the dentist, so we went to Kroger.  An adorable little girl broke away from her mom to stare at the candy aisle. Her mom called, "Emmy, come here" and kept walking. So then we were alone in the candy aisle with this kid, and we knew her name, so Noah said to her, "Step away from the candy, Emmy. It's a slippery slope." I laughed so hard I almost peed myself.  Lemonade mix was on sale, and the kids both wanted one, so I bought two.  Then we went to La Fiesta for lunch, and Sarah took her whole big container of lemonade mix in to the restaurant, ordered a water, and made herself some pink lemonade.  She also ordered chicken fingers and fries at a Mexican restaurant. 

Our lunch conversation involved Sarah predicting how and when I will die. Noah started looking worried.  He said, "Will you make a list of all your friends so I will know who to invite to your funeral?  I'm afraid I'll leave someone out."  I explained that you don't invite people to funerals.  It's just open to whoever wants to come.  Both kids were surprised about that.  I guess it's something we never covered before.  We've taken them to lots of funerals; I guess they just thought we were invited to all of them.  

We still had an hour to kill before the dentist, so we went to the library.  Sarah asked the librarian for book suggestions and checked out several books.  She started reading one in the car and said it was very good.  When we finally got home, Noah and I mowed.  Well, mostly Noah, but I did a little.  Then I was harvesting the few strawberries that the bunnies and birds have left for me.  I put them in  a nice little pile, then went to get a shovel out of the shed.  When I made back, I found that Noah had accidentally mowed over my berries, making a little smoothie for the birds and bunnies.
 Then I lopped down a couple overgrown bushes, and Noah hauled them away for me. 
It was hot out there!  I took two showers today.  I hate summer, but sometimes it does feel good to work hard and get soaked with sweat and then take a cold shower. 

No comments: